Our communities are safest when America is strongest.
Last week we passed new legislation to strengthen school security and this week we took decisive action to protect American security at the highest levels - including our cyber security and national infrastructure network.
There's no doubt that foreign threats are evolving and we must adapt to meet the challenges. That's why we passed several important bills to strengthen safety on airplanes, on our roads and other transportation hubs. We also passed bills to strengthen our country's cyber security to prevent aggressors like Russia from interfering in our elections.
This week was major progress, and together, I'm confident we can make our community safer and country stronger! Read the bills:
- DHS Cyber Incident Response Teams Act of 2018
- Air Cargo Security Improvement Act of 2018
- Enhancing DHS’ Fusion Center Technical Assistance Program Act
- Vehicular Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018
- DHS Field Engagement Accountability Act
- Surface Transportation Security Improvement Act of 2018
- Strengthening Aviation Security Act of 2018
- Strengthening Local Transportation Security Capabilities Act of 2018