Get Help With Passports

Securing a U.S. passport, especially on short notice, can be a confusing process. Often, figuring out where to submit your application, determining what application to use, and ensuring you submit your application in time to receive your passport prior to your travel date can be difficult.

If you are a resident of Florida's 21st Congressional District and require assistance with your efforts to secure your U.S. passport, my office is happy to help.  While we cannot guarantee an outcome, we will do everything we can to assist you.  If you do not live in Palm Beach, Martin, or St. Lucie Counties, find your Representative's contact information here. All Congressional offices are able to assist their constituents with passports.

To avoid potential travel delays, the State Department recommends that applicants seeking a first-time or renewal passport apply at least 6 months in advance of planned international travel.

Relevant Forms and Resources

If you are applying for a new passport, looking to renew an existing passport, or replacing a lost or destroyed passport, read and fill out the U.S. Passport Applications and Forms and then follow the mailing instructions on the forms.  

If you are seeking a passport for a minor under the age of 16, please read and fill out the Statement of Consent.

If you are seeking a passport for a minor under the age of 16 for whom two parent/guardian consent is unobtainable, read and fill out the Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances.

If you are seeking an update on current passport processing times, visit the State Department Processing Times page.

If you are seeking the current status of your submitted passport application, you can access that information on the State Department Passport Application Status webpage

Please Note: the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Congressman Brian Mast authority to act on my behalf.

Digital Privacy Release Form

Urgent Inquiries

Our office can submit an urgent inquiry on your behalf to the appropriate U.S. Passport Agency officials, asking them to provide the status of your passport, and if necessary, to request their assistance in expediting the processing and completion of the passport. 

Please note, an additional $60 fee will be charged by the State Department to expedite a passport application and that was originally submitted with routine processing. A $19.53 delivery fee will also be applied to ensure the arrival of the passport within 1-2 days of it being completed. 

In extremely time sensitive cases, my office can also provide assistance in securing appointments at the appropriate Regional Passport Agency office to secure an emergency passport. Passport Agencies will prioritize in-person appointments for those seeking travel due to life or death emergencies, funerals, and important business trips.   

Please be advised that a minimum of 3-4 business days is required by the regional Passport Agencies to review and respond to urgent inquiries. Therefore, if you require immediate assistance, please call our office between 9:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.