Every time I turn on the TV, all I hear is people yelling at each other. It can be hard to break through the noise and get to the truth. Here are a couple stories from this week that you might have missed:
- We passed the bipartisan Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act, designed to stop the slaughter of the Syrian people, encourage a resolution to the conflict and hold Syrian human rights abusers accountable for their crimes. The bill included a provision that I wrote to ensure congressional oversight of military action in Syria. Learn more.
- The House acted to address rising anti-Semitic threats by passing a bill that I co-sponsored called the Combating European Anti-Semitism Act. The bill increases monitoring of anti-Jewish incidents and the steps taken to combat them. The legislation also encourages our government to partner with European law enforcement agencies to share information and best practices to combat anti-Semitic threats. Learn more.
- I helped introduce a bill to recognize August 7th as Purple Heart Day. Learn more about why this issue is important to me.
- We passed a bill that I've been pushing for months to ensure that criminals who murder law enforcement officers face justice for their crimes. Learn more about the Thin Blue Line Act.
- With our Palm Beach County office we're saving taxpayers money: the new location is almost half as expensive as the previous congressional office in Palm Beach County. Read more.