This week I joined my colleagues to pass two pieces of legislation to help small businesses, including:
- The STEP Improvement Act to make it easier for businesses to apply for help from the Small Business Administration and streamline the process for exporting their goods and services; and
- The Microloan Improvement Act, which increases the size of certain loans the SBA can make available to small businesses up to $10,000.
Now more than ever, we need to support the entrepreneurs and the small business leaders who are helping our economy recover from the coronavirus pandemic, and that’s exactly what these bills are all about.
In the meantime, if there is anything else my office can do to help you, please do not hesitate to reach out at 202-225-3026. For more on the latest news from Congress, watch this week’s week in review video.
In case you missed it, here are a few other things that happened this week:
- The EPA announced more than $6 million in new funding to research and prevent harmful algal blooms!
- I released a new episode of The Tortured Coast highlighting the harmful consequences of spraying toxic chemicals on Florida’s waters.
- I exposed the well-kept secret of taxpayer-funded animal abuse, which must come to an end immediately!