This week the House passed critical funding to combat coronavirus. This will help provide additional resources needed to stop the virus here in the United States, expedite vaccine development, distribute testing kits and help states with their response!
In addition to supporting this funding, I am looking for every way possible to keep our community up to date on the most recent information and resources available. That’s why we’ve put together a list on my website where you will find important resources for you and your family.
As we continue working to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, I want to remind everyone of some important tips to stay healthy:
- Make sure you wash your hands.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- If you’re feeling sick, stay home.
Finally, if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus – fever, cough or shortness of breath – and have been to China in the last few weeks, or have been in close contact with someone you know who has been to China, make sure you contact your health care provider immediately.
I have been in contact with local, state and federal emergency officials and will continue to monitor any new developments.
Check out this video for more on the coronavirus.
In case you missed it, here are a few other things that happened this week:
- I urged the National Institute of Mental Health to reconsider their cruel experiments on monkeys and to explore alternative research methods.
- I met with AIPAC to discuss how we’re working with Israel to defend the shared values of democracy, freedom and respect for all people.
- I had a great meeting with members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars to discuss the important work we are doing to improve healthcare at the VA.