This week we took decisive action that will make our community safer, healthier and stronger. We passed bills this week to clean up our water, help veterans, strengthen our national defense and improve care for seniors.
Here are some of the highlights (watch the video to hear more):
- We passed a bill that includes over $150 million to directly help the Everglades and our coastal environment, including two amendments I wrote to combat harmful algal blooms.
- I’ve also been pushing the Army Corps on a number of important issues this week, including ensuring that all possible flood-prevention options are exhausted before they discharge water out of Lake Okeechobee.
- We passed a funding bill that substantially increases resources for the Department of Defense and gives our troops a much-deserved pay raise.
- We passed a great sanctions bill to target aggressors around the world - North Korea, Iran and Russia - who have all sought to undermine American interests and cause violence throughout the world.
- We passed a funding bill that takes care of veterans by giving the VA the highest level of funding they have ever received.
- We passed an expansion of the G.I. Bill that will help veterans, including my bill to ensure that all Purple Heart recipients have access to G.I. Bill benefits.
- We also worked together to pass a truly great bipartisan bill that will strengthen Medicare called the Medicare Part B Improvement Act.