Washington is just like a broken record.
Back in September, Congress decided to pass a continuing resolution which delayed an increase in funding for Everglades Restoration that we fought so hard to secure.
This week Speaker Pelosi decided to pass yet another continuing resolution and just kick the can down the road for another month. These continuing resolutions are bad policy and as a result:
- Additional funding for Everglades Restoration, NOAA and the Land and Water Conservation Fund has been delayed
- Servicemembers are being deprived of the resources they need to conduct their missions safely and effectively
- Veterans are being denied additional resources for suicide and homlessness prevention, opioid addiction and other health care services
This recurring failure to reach an agreement on new funding levels is a dereliction of duty and is wildly irresponsible. It is putting our environment, national security and veterans at risk, and it needs to stop. I’ll be fighting hard to make that happen.
Check out this week’s Week In Review for more.
In case you missed it, here are a few other things that happened this week:
- The House passed a great bill to fund wetland conservation, including in the Indian River Lagoon.
- I spoke on the House Floor to honor the life of our friend Mark Cunningham and all those battling glioblastoma.
- The Supreme Court decided to hear arguments for Harmony Allen’s case, which is huge progress in her fight for justice!