Over the last seven days, the coronavirus has continued to spread around the world and has officially been labeled a global pandemic. I want to make sure everyone has the latest facts. So, here’s what we know:
- The total number of cases worldwide has increased to 130,166
- 68,677 individuals who contracted the virus have made a full recovery
- There are currently 1,364 cases in the United States
On January 31st, President Trump cut off all travel from China, and last night extended this restriction to Europe for the next 30 days. In Congress, last week, we passed a supplemental funding bill to provide more than $8 billion in resources to combat coronavirus. As of this email, we are continuing to work on additional legislation to help combat this disease.
There are a few things we can all be doing:
- Be vigilant
- Avoid any unnecessary social gatherings
- Wash your hands frequently
- If you are feeling sick, stay home
Most importantly, if you are showing any of the symptoms of this virus - cough, fever or shortness of breath - contact your doctor immediately for further instructions.