WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Congressman Brian Mast (FL-18) release the following statement after the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Make America Secure Appropriations Act:
"The most important responsibility of our government is to ensure the security of the American people. Today, we acted decisively to do exactly what we promised to the American people: our bill substantially increases resources for the Department of Defense, gives our troops a much-deserved pay raise, fully funds the President’s request for a wall along our southern border and takes care of veterans by giving the VA the highest level of funding they have ever received. With this great bill we are making America safer, stronger and more secure."
Included in the Make America Secure Appropriations Act are provisions to:
- Substantially increase funding for the Department of Defense to $667.7 billion;
- Give service members the largest military pay raise in eight years;
- Fully fund President Trump’s $1.6 billion request for a wall along our southern border;
- Fund the Department of Veterans Affairs at the highest level ever at $78.3 billion;
- Increase funding for Capitol Police to keep Members of Congress, their staff and visitors safe at the Capitol and at events around the country.
To learn more about the impact of this legislation on 18th District water quality issues, please click here.